The Agile Business Analyst
This course covers the practice of business analysis, with an agile mindset. We cover common agile business analysis practices, as well as specific techniques you can use at any level of analysis.
We often hear the phrase "business analysts aren't needed in Agile teams because they aren’t mentioned in Scrum." Nothing could be further from the truth! If you enable change by articulating needs and the rationale for the change and assist in designing and describing solutions that deliver value to customers and the business, then this course is for you.
- Understand the role of the Agile Business Analysis
- Apply an Agile mind-set, values and principles to business analysis activities
- Explain the principles behind effective Agile business analysis
- Identify which business analysis horizon you are working in
- Inform decisions regarding the organisation business goals at the Strategy Horizon (or Big-picture view)
- Inform decisions regarding solution options, features, priorities and lifespan at the Initiative Horizon (or “Pre” view)
- Inform decisions regarding the delivery of a solution at the Delivery Horizon (or “Now” view)
- Value Proposition Canvas
- Purpose Alignment Model
- User Roles
- Kano Model for Customer Satisfaction
- Minimal Viable Product (MVP) vs Minimal Marketable Features (MMF)
- Product Roadmap
- User Story mapping
- Backlog Refinement
- Story Decomposition
- User Stories (writing and splitting)
- Non-functional Requirements
- Acceptance Criteria
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Lightweight Documentation
Certificate of Attendance
Optional international certification with the International Institute for Business Analysis (IIBA)
How long is the course?
The course is two full days. We start at 8:30 a.m. and finish at 4:30 p.m. on both days.
How big is a class?
The maximum number of delegates is 25. It allows for focused learning and in-depth discussions.
How have you prepared your training rooms in light of COVID-19?
Can this course be done virtually?
Yes, we have virtual options available. Please refer to the location of the course to find available virtual and classroom dates.
Does the course include certification?
A certificate of attendance will be sent to you upon completion of the course.
Is this certification internationally recognized?
No. However, you can choose to write an exam with the International Institute of Business Analysis to gain an Agile Analysis Certification (IIBA-AAC), for an additional fee. Think Agile is an Endorsed Education Provider with the IIBA, so the course also counts towards Professional Development hours required for certification with the IIBA.
Does price include VAT?
Yes. The price includes Value Added Tax. The price you see on the website is the price you will pay.
How can I pay?
You can pay via EFT or credit card. After you register and make your reservation, you will receive a quote/invoice with the banking details and credit card link.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department. If you see your company name in our “clients” section, it is excellent news – Think Agile is on your approved vendor list.
Can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel or reschedule for free up to 10 days before the course. After that, an additional R1500 fee is applicable. The reason is simple – we have already incurred costs (advertising, catering, venue hire). Also, you might be taking a spot from someone else.