Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
This course looks at the other side of Scrum – product visioning, release and strategy planning, requirements gathering and customer experience design.
The role of the product owner is often overlooked, yet it is the main reason why Scrum teams struggle. A trainer colleague of ours once mentioned that he does ten times more scrum master courses than product owner courses. This proves that there isn't enough focus on doing Agile product management well!
Project success is twofold. If a Scrum team is like a high-performance vehicle, then the product owner is like an experienced driver. Without an effective product owner, your Agile teams will go nowhere fast.
- Understand Agile and the Scrum framework
- Grasp the role of Product Owner
- Learn how to work with requirements in Agile
- Know how to help your organization transition to Agile
- Understanding the fundamentals of Agile
- History of Agile
- Agile values and principles
- Following the Scrum framework
- Empiric process theory
- Scrum framework: roles, events, and artefacts
- Cross-functional and self-organised Scrum teams
- The role of product owner in a Scrum team
- Product owner vs. Business analyst
- Starting up new products and teams Product vision
- Business value and its definition
- Maximising business value through rapid experimentation: Lean Startup
- Agile product management and business modelling
- Creating initial product backlog
- Understanding your customers
- Customer segments
- User roles
- Planning a release
- Creating a release strategy with user story mapping
- Budgets and timelines
- Release planning
- Managing the product backlog
- Attributes of a good product backlog
- Prioritisation techniques and more
International certification with Scrum Alliance
How long is the course?
The course is two full days. We start at 8:30 a.m. and finish at 4:30 p.m. on both days.
How big is a class?
The maximum number of delegates is 25. It allows for focused learning and in-depth discussions.
How have you prepared your training rooms in light of COVID-19?
Can this course be done virtually?
Yes, we have virtual options available. Please refer to the location of the course to find available virtual and classroom dates.
Does the course include certification?
The course includes internationally recognized certification from Scrum Alliance.
Is this certification internationally recognized?
Yes. Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is recognized everywhere around the world, including the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East.
Is this a CSPO course?
Yes. Our certification is done in association with Scrum Alliance.
Does the certification expire?
Scrum Alliance requires for your membership to be renewed every two years. Renewal costs are USD 100.
Are there more levels?
Yes, with more experience, you may become an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) and Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
Is there an exam?
There is no exam for the course – you will receive your certification upon the completion of the course.
Is the certification included in the price?
Yes. Lunch, snacks, stationery, training manual, and Value Added Tax (VAT) are also included.
Does price include VAT?
Yes. The price includes Value Added Tax. The price you see on the website is the price you will pay.
How can I pay?
You can pay via EFT or credit card. After you register and make your reservation, you will receive a quote/invoice with the banking details and credit card link.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department. If you see your company name in our “clients” section, it is excellent news – Think Agile is on your approved vendor list.
Can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel or reschedule for free up to 10 days before the course. After that, an additional R1500 fee is applicable. The reason is simple – we have already incurred costs (advertising, catering, venue hire). Also, you might be taking a spot from someone else.