This course covers how to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
2 days, 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
Thu 3 Dec
2 days, 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
- 31 Brickfield Road
- Cape Town
- South Africa
- R11,200.00 incl. VAT
Even if you don’t work in software development, you have probably heard about the management revolution caused by Agile software development. You have an opportunity to experience a PI Planning event before we dive into the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
International certification with Scaled Agile
How long is the course?
The course is two full days. We start at 8:30 a.m. and finish at 4:30 p.m. on both days.
How big is a class?
The maximum number of delegates is 25. It allows for focused learning and in-depth discussions.
How have you prepared your training rooms in light of COVID-19?
Can this course be done virtually?
Yes, we have private virtual options available.
Does the course include certification?
Yes. The course includes one attempt at internationally recognized certification from Scaled Agile Inc.
Is this certification internationally recognized?
Yes. Leading SAFe is recognized everywhere around the world, including the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East.
Is Leading SAFe the same as SAFe Agilist?
Yes. You become a SAFe Agilist once you have written and passed the exam after the Leading SAFe course.
Does the certification expire?
Yes. Scaled Agile Inc requires for your certification to be renewed every year. Renewal costs are USD 100.
Do we write the exam during the training?
No. You will have 30 days to write the exam after the completion of the course. The exam is 90 minutes long and includes 45 questions.
Is the exam an open book?
No, this is a closed book exam. You are also not allowed to collaborate with anyone else during the exam.
Is the certification included in the price?
Yes. One exam attempt is included in our price. Lunch, snacks, stationery, training manual, and Value Added Tax (VAT) are also included.
Does price include VAT?
Yes. The price includes Value Added Tax. The price you see on the website is the price you will pay.
How can I pay?
You can pay via EFT or credit card. After you register and make your reservation, you will receive a quote/invoice with the banking details and credit card link.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department. If you see your company name in our “clients” section, it is excellent news – Think Agile is on your approved vendor list.
Can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel or reschedule for free up to 10 days before the course. After that, an additional R1500 fee is applicable. The reason is simple – we have already incurred costs (advertising, catering, venue hire). Also, you might be taking a spot from someone else.