Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) has been gaining in popularity and application around the world. South African scaling practices are growing, improving, and becoming a necessity for many organisations. In the past few months, we have experienced very high levels of demand for SAFe related training classes and consulting. Currently, SAFe is the most widely used scaling Agile framework around the globe. It provides an edge in achieving business and organizational agility by concentrating on the right people at the right time.
We are looking to strengthen our SAFe competency. If you are passionate about SAFe and have experience in implementing SAFe, then it is time to join our team of experts to make a positive impact in the industry.
What will you be responsible for?
- Helping organizations in realization of the business need, urgency, and vision for change
- Training executives, managers, leaders, Business Owners, Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Agile teams as and when required
- A key focus on defining and improving the agile transformation plan based on SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Supporting the organization to understand, adopt and practice the Lean-Agile mindset and practices to improve collaboration and effectiveness of solution delivery continuously
- Assisting and guiding everyone in an Agile Release Train throughout the journey
- Assisting RTE and able to stand-in as RTE (Release Train Engineer) where necessary for PI Planning
- Guiding programs in designing continuous integration and deployment pipelines to deliver value quickly
- Guiding the evolution of a LACE (Lean-Agile Centre of Excellence), fostering Communities of Practices, and coaching people to facilitate them effectively
What will you do every day?
- Coach, mentor, and guide fellow Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Team Members, and Leaders with this difficult mindset transition both internally and externally.
- Teach SAFe classes (virtual and in-person)
- Internal and external business development activities
- Facilitate client workshops and events
- Apply your practical experience in Scrum Mastery, Product Ownership, or Agile Product Development in scaling environments
- Occasionally, you may also fulfill the role of a Scrum Master for one of our clients.
As this is a consulting position, you may work with up to 2-3 companies in the same month, helping them to transition to an Agile way of working. Some of these companies are new on their Agile journeys, while some have been working towards this for many years. There are also exciting new Think Agile products and services where you can get involved! So, there is never a dull moment.
We have based our interview processes on Paul E. Meehl’s work “Clinical Versus Statistical Prediction” and will assess you against the following seven competency areas:
- Technical knowledge of Agile frameworks and methods
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Agile community involvement
- Practical Agile experience
- Level of education and certification
- Coaching skills
- Consulting skills
- Training skills